Monday 16 May 2011

A Quick Card.....

Good morning all you lovelies its Vicky here. Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Those poorly I hope you all get well real soon. I have not been in blogland for about a week now as I've not been well at all so I took a break from crafting altogether. I'm still not better but my craft room was sobbing its little heart out it hadnt seen me for over a week, in fact the blinds were still shut in there lol.
Anyway as I've been poorly I havn't been able to do my tutorial for the gift bag but it will be done asap. I have instead done a quick card this morning just to show you what you can make when caught on the hop. Whether it be like me you need a card but have been poorly or simply because you forgot a birthday etc & need a quick make......I'm always forgetting birthdays......wish I could forget my own lol.
So for my quick fix card I've used one of the fabulous Art Deco stamps from Crafts & Me
This is Art Deco 'Bride/Flapper'. I just think she is fabulous & is one of those stamps that can be used in so many different ways & for so many occasions.....I love stamps like this!! For this card I stamped the image straight onto some 300gsm card using Versamark sparkle & then heat embossed the image using black embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of card cut using a small oval nestic & then heat embossed it gold embossing powder which you can get here. I then finished the card off with some black organza ribbon, some gold pearls & then cut the edge of the card with a WOJ 'French Lillies' border die available here. Thats it simple yet still effective & perfect for those that like the minimal look.

This is a card I made for a challenge a week or 2 ago using a WOJ stamp 'Willow with Coffee To Go' available here. She is coloured with Copics & her dress, bag & shoes I paper pieced which is perfect for all those scraps that you may have lying around.

Lastly I just thought I would show you this image. She is 'Strawberry Surfer' digi stamp by Hannah Lynn. I love this artist she is my fave of all the artists out there. If you love colouring hair then Hannah Lynn is erfect for this.....all her images are just stunning. This image I actually coloured as soon as she was released but unfortunately she has still not been put on a card so I thought that I would at least give her a little limelight until she does lol. She is of course coloured with Copics & I soooooo enjoyed colouring her.
Well thats it from me I'm going to try start catching up in blogland now......it may take me a while lol.
Dont forget the current challenge over at Crafts & Me Challenges which is 'Punches' which we all love to use.
Tatty bye for now xoxoxoxox


6 comments:

  1. For quick cards Vicky they are stylish I just love black and white cards they look so dramatic.
    I hope you will start feeling better soon.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky, glad your on the mend and just shows what you can do with a stamp when your in a hurry. Fabulous array of eye candy, but didn't expect any different.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I just have to pick my jaw off the floor. I love the black and white flapper bride card hun it looks so expensive :D
    Huge hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You never seases to amaze me with your wonderful colouring. I really look forward to se your image on a card. Love those black and whites too. You are really showing off the versatility of the art deco images. I have missed you in blogland so i am glad your are recovering. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi yer hunni so glad to see you about again hun, gorgeous cards as always too. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, yet sooo beautiful! LOVE ALL of your cards! Great job :)
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message it is lovely to hear from everyone.
Luv Teresa xx